Attention OIF and OEF Veterans NYU is conducting a research study Offering with compensation up to $515 in compensation for your time participating in this Research Study. You do not need to reside in the NYC area to participate but can be up to 500 Miles from NYC (travel compensation is also provided).
The Cohen Veterans Center at the NYU Langone Medical Center is seeking Male and Female Post 9-11 veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan who is experiencing the any of the following symptoms:
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities
- Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- Anxiety, agitation or restlessness
- Slowed thinking, speaking or body movements
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or blaming yourself for things that aren’t your responsibility
Eligible participants may receive compensation up to $515.00 for their time and effort, as well as compensation for food, travel and lodging (Travel to NYC will be required for a phase of the study). Travel areas for eligible participants are from up to a 500 Mile Radius outside of NYC is allowed.
The goal of this study is to increase understanding of biological factors associated with mental health challenges, with the long term goal of helping future veterans with depression, post traumatic stress and related conditions:
- No treatment or drugs are given.
- All personal information provided is 100% confidential and protected by federal HIPAA Laws. Your privacy is ensured.
- Participating in this study involves a phone interview, web-based survey as well as participating in procedures such as a blood draw and MRI brain scan, taking approximately 12-15 hours, over 1-2 visits (with evening and weekend availability upon request).
Proof of military service is required, such as a military ID or DD214.
To learn more and or participate, please call our Research Associate at: 877-698-3299 or you can submit a request at the Website: https://nyulangone.org/locations/cohen-veterans-center/participate-in-the-cohen-veterans-center-research-study